Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 7:1-5
- Tell of an experience you’ve had of wrongly judging the character of a person, only to find out later that they are someone to admire?
- What experience have you had of being unfairly judged or criticized? How did it impact you?
- What kind of attitude or behaviour might be the opposite of judging?
- Why is judging another person so strongly warned against by Jesus?
- In what ways do you think 1 Corinthians 5:16 might apply to everyday life?
- If Jesus used the analogy of “specks of sawdust” and “planks” in our 21st century context, what might he have in mind?
- What will you do differently this week for considering this passage of Scripture?