Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Luke 15:11-24
- What do you reckon is the hardest thing about being a parent in this day and age?
- Why do you think God allows us the dignity of free choice? Why not create us pre-programmed to behave in certain ways?
- Given that Jesus’ parables were aimed at teaching a key point, what do you perceive to be the primary lesson Jesus had in mind in this parable?
- What experience have you had of turning away from God and returning to him?
- Why do some Christians struggle with self-forgiveness and accepting the face that God restores them?
- What would be contemporary equivalents of the ‘robe’, ‘ring’ and ‘shoes’ that the father put on his son (v.22)?
- What will you do differently this week for considering this passage of Scripture?