Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 7:15-20
- What is your experience of prophetic revelation – either having someone pass on a “word from the Lord” or sensing/hearing God speak to you directly?
- How would you sum up the main points of this passage?
- False prophecy was obviously a significant issue in the early church. What do the statements in the following verses say to you: 2 Peter 2:1-2; 1 John 4:1; Romans 16:17; Colossians 2:8?
- How do we investigate whether or not a presented “word from the Lord” is genuine or accurate?
- What do we do if a presented “word from the Lord” is regarded as inaccurate or incorrect?
- Jesus placed a lot of significance on the “fruit” of a prophet’s life/ministry. What does this mean? What does it not mean?
- People who deliberately lead others astray by false prophecy are obviously culpable. But what about those who accept or allow themselves to be deceived? What responsibility do they have?