Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: James 1:19-25
- Talk about an experience you have had of receiving opposition or conflict for being a follower of Jesus Christ?
- Why is it that in an age of “tolerance” there is often “intolerance” and negativity towards those who subscribe to historical Christian faith?
- Have a look at Proverbs 10:19; 13:3; 29:20. What challenges you the most from these verses?
- In Ephesians 4:26 Paul says: “In your anger do not sin . . .” What does that mean and how do we do it?
- How would you explain and apply James 1:21?
- Non-Christians sometimes criticise the church for being full of hypocrites. Why do they do that, and is the charge a fair one?
- How would you explain James 1:22-25 to someone brand new to the Christian faith?