Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 5:43-48
- What experience have you had (that you feel comfortable sharing) of struggling to forgive someone who has deeply offended you? – what happened?
- Are Christians allowed to have enemies?
- John 15:18-21 speaks of hatred for Christians. Why have Christians been persecuted over the centuries?
- How does God actually give us the love that he wants us to show towards others – even our enemies?
- When Jesus suggest that we pray for our enemies, what in particular should we pray for?
- How would you explain v.48 to someone who was new to the Christian faith?
- What will you do different this for considering this passage of Scripture?