Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 7:21-23
- What experience have you had in life of being (or feeling) excluded?
- When you first read these verses how does it make you feel?
- Who do you think Jesus had in mind when he said these words?
- If the ability to prophesy, drive out demons and perform miracles was not what Jesus means by “doing the will of the father” what did he have in mind?
- How would you define your relationship with God (i.e. being known by him)? What nurtures or hinders relationship with God?
- In Matthew 25:31-46 Jesus told a parable that has a similar theme to this. What are the primary lessons you glean from that parable?
- How can we be sure/secure in our relationship with God?