Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: James 1:26-27
- Who do you think James was meaning when he referred to those who “consider themselves religious”?
- What might be examples of “keeping a tight rein on [one’s] tongue”?
- What might be examples of “being polluted by the world”?
- What challenges you the most from Micah 6:6-8?
- If James was writing his letter in the 21st century, what might he cite as the equivalent of caring for widows and orphans?
- Read Acts 2:42-47 and 4:32-35. What challenges you the most from these passages and how might we put something similar into practice? Where could we start?
- 1 Timothy 5:3-4 is a challenge to those who were exploiting the system by placing their (widowed) mothers on the church’s widows list, when they were capable of caring for them themselves. What might be 21st century equivalents to this?
- How might James 1:26-27 change our behaviour . . . starting this coming week?