Life Group Discussion Questions
- What might be a 21st century equivalent to “foot washing” as an expression of servanthood? (i.e. what might Jesus do/use today to get his point across?)
- In John 13:4 it says that Jesus “took off his outer clothing” when he demonstrated servanthood. What is your “outer clothing” that might need removal in serving others?
- How would you explain John 13:10 to someone who is new to the Christian faith?
- In John 13:17 Jesus predicted happiness in serving. What do you think he meant?
- Jesus was a servant/slave to his Father in heaven. Does that mean he had no free will?
- What do you do to apply Jesus response to Peter in verses 8-10?
- What does this passage of scripture motivate you to do this coming week?