Life Group Discussion Questions
- Jesus talks about people who do their “acts of righteousness” for the notice of others as “hypocrites.” Is there a difference between hypocrisy and sinful failure, or they the same thing?
- Why does Jesus suggest praying in secret, as opposed to praying in public?
- Why do so many (all!) Christians say they don’t pray enough? How much is enough?
- What might a contemporary example of v.7 be in our day and age?
- 8 suggests that God knows what we need before we ask him. Does that negate the need for us to pray? How would explain this idea to a new Christian?
- How have you benefited (or otherwise) from praying the Lord’s Prayer regularly throughout your life?
- What was Jesus primary intention in v.9-13?
- How do verses 14 & 15 challenge you?