Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 6:1-4
- How do you assess which kinds of charitable causes you support?
- Some people have interpreted v.1 as suggesting that religion is a purely private matter and not something others should see. What was the point Jesus was making in that verse?
- Is it always wrong if someone else sees or notices our acts of righteousness – like giving to needy causes?
- In Acts 2:44-45 and Acts 4:34-35 we read of the amazing sharing of resources (wealth) that existed in the first generation of the church. How applicable to our situation in the twenty-first century are these verses?
- How important is it to know where donated money to charitable causes goes and how it is used?
- How do you personally apply the principles Jesus talks about in these verses?
- What will you do differently this week for considering these verses?