Life Group Discussion Questions
- Do you think people are more, or less, honest these days compared to previous decades?
- What experience have you had of being treated dishonestly? How did it affect you?
- Is there ever an occasion when telling the truth is unnecessary or not required?
- Some people (Christians among them) use the name of “God” or “Lord” as a figure of speech – and sometimes as an expletive. How appropriate is this?
- The people of Jesus day were guilty of “frivolous” and “evasive” swearing. What might be 21st century equivalents to this?
- Why do you think Jesus says that sacred oaths are unnecessary for the Christian?
- What will you do differently this week for considering this passage of Scripture?