Life Group Discussion Questions
Text: Matthew 6:16-18
- What is your experience personally/historically with fasting? How did it affect you?
- If you had to explain the point of fasting to someone unfamiliar with the Bible, what would you say?
- What was the main point(s) Jesus had in his comment on fasting in Matthew 6:16-18?
- What is the primary challenge you take from Zechariah 7:4-6?
- The early Christians used to fast in order to raise funds for brothers and sisters in dire need. How might that principle be applied in the church today?
- What does a verse like Luke 9:23 say to you? What have you “denied yourself” in order to be a follower of Jesus?
- What will you do differently for considering this passage of Scripture?